Blog! Well hello there!
I’m so sorry I have abandoned you of late. My mind has been elsewhere. Mainly composing numerous holiday related to do lists. Other pursuits have involved fruitless Google searches including
is it still legal to drug your children on aeroplanes how to
occupy small children on a long flight. If all goes to plan (and The Hubster who has
spent the last 3 days in bed with excruciating back pain recovers), we are off to sunny
St Lucia in 10 days. Eeeeeeeek!
Anyway. I’m rambling. Kate from the amazing blog Kate Takes 5 has set a nice, simple topic for this week’s Listography. I saw it and thought, yes, I can definitely squeeze this one in between the rewriting of The Holiday To Do List and the latest Google search ('is the volcano in St Lucia actually active?').
So, this week Kate's Listography is....... five things that make me happy. This one was especially easy as I recently wrote a ‘50 things that make me happy’ list for my Day Zero Project, so I had plenty to chose from.
1. Watching my children playing together when they don’t know I’m looking. This one is taken directly from my '50 things that make me happy’ list. It was number one on that list and it’s number one on this list. It makes my heart do a little flip every time.
2. Feeling the sun warm my skin. I was feeling a bit rubbishy this morning. The poor Hubster is suffering so much with his back, it's horrible to see him in so much pain. The kids are both full of colds. And The Holiday is in 10 days. B-u-t, then I stepped outside and I could definitely feel Spring in the air. Later I took The Giggle Monster for a walk through the woods and I felt the warmth of the sun on my face for the first time in months. Absolute bliss. Never underestimate the power of the sun. It certainly made a difference to my mood today.
3. Fine dining. I do like a posh meal. That’s right, I’m talking about those restaurants that pepper their menus with terms such as ‘confit’, ‘chiboust’, ‘jus’ and ‘buerre blanc’. Of course the pretentious menu has to be lived up to. Team an exquisite meal with a tasty glass of wine and I am one happy lady.
4. The great outdoors. I was talking with a friend earlier this week about how I have grown to appreciate nature so much more with age. Last weekend The Hubster and I had a night away and we went for some lovely walks in t'countryside. As I didn’t have the kids to chase about I found myself looking really closely at the world around me. The shadows, the shapes, the patterns, the colours. I love being out with the kids too, watching them skipping about, marveling at flowers and sticks and stones.
5. Travel. I was lucky enough to do quite a bit of travelling in my twenties. I had two trips to Australia, squeezing in Bali, Fiji, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok and Las Vegas along the way. I also had short breaks to Barcelona, Prague, Slovakia and Italy. I love discovering new places, eating different food, learning about different cultures and meeting new people. Travelling with two children in tow no doubt will be a different experience, but one I’m very excited about. I can’t wait to show them the world.
|Our first of many family holidays: The Algarve, Portugal Oct 2010|
What makes you happy? I’m popping over to Kate’s now to check out the other entries.